Saturday, March 12, 2011

Quick trip to Memphis...

I got a call from my mom Thursday afternoon telling me they were going to put my dad in the hospital for some much needed relief from pain and nauseu. After talking with her a little I decided to load the kids up in the car on Friday morning and head to Memphis. After a 10 hour drive and very well behaved kids we got to Memphis. I met some very awesome friends at our old church and they took the kids so I could go straight to the hospital. I have to say it is very hard to see my dad like he is but I am thankful for the medicine he is on that is giving him some relief from the pain.
We are praying that when the doctors come in on Monday they will find the source of the pain and it will be something that can be taken care of. We are not sure if it is the cancer in his back or if he has injured his back. We just have to wait and see what the doctors find.
Each one of the kids got to go in the room with my dad for a few minutes today to visit with him. Emma got to spend about an hour with him. The others only got about 5 minutes because I felt that was about all they could take (and my dad too!)
Hopefully they will get a chance to see him tomorrow and Monday before we head back to Ohio on Tuesday.
Tonight I'm praying for my mom and dad to get some good rest and that my dad will not have much pain. And I'm thanking Jesus for my precious friends Justin, Julie, Jojo and Mr. John that love my kids and have helped me with them the past 2 days. Ya'll are awesome and I love you!

1 comment:

  1. We love you and are praying for you in Ohio! I told Brent today that if there is any way we can help on this end to please, please, please let us know and let us help. {{{{{hugs}}}}}}

    ReplyDelete